Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Plate Of Cookies

My hubby has been counting carbs so he doesn't get the plate of cookies any more! I always enjoyed making homemade cookies. Now everything leads to diebetic issues. I know I can't eat sugar; it hypes me. I always felt like it was me expressing my love and concern for others through my giving cookies or banana bread. I felt like I was showing my love for the Lord!

Jesus demonstrated giving through his healing, his teaching, and the ultimate gift of his life. Love was the motivator of all He did. We, too, can love others by giving of our help to them. In Luke 6:38 we give, God will give back to us. Our giving doesn't have to be in large quantities. God blesses the small things that we do for others. Giving is like a boomerang; whatever we give usually comes back, just like the plate of cookies I would give!

Thank the Lord, our generous Provider has given us what we need. Help us, Lord to give back to you by giving to others, no matter how small the gift may be.

A day without giving is a day without love.

No comments: